Christy A. Kim, DDS
Dr. Christy Kim graduated from the University of Washington School of Dentistry with a doctorate in dental surgery (DDS). She enjoys dentistry because it allows her to combine two of her passions: appreciation and creation of art, and caring for people. She is known for her gentleness, compassion, and integrity. She realizes that the dental setting can be difficult for many people, so she and her team take the time to do whatever it takes to help her patients get back to health in a comfortable way. She strives to treat each of her patients as if they were her own family member, and she believes that each interaction with her patients, as well as with her team, has eternal impact on each person involved.
Dr. Kim believes in providing her patients with the best quality of care and therefore, strongly believes in continuing education since dentistry is an ever-changing and improving field. She has taken many advanced courses since graduating from dental school and has been trained in all aspects of dentistry. She continues to take courses regularly to keep up-to-date with technology and materials, and to provide her patients with the highest quality of care. Each year, Dr. Kim takes an average of 100 hours of continuing education (the minimum required for Washington state is 23 hours).
After graduating from the prestigious Kois Center (a world-renowned post-graduate level dental teaching center), she qualified to become a Mentor and now trains other dentists at the Kois Center. This extra training allows Dr. Kim to understand and treat more complex cases (including cosmetic dentistry, full mouth reconstruction, and more complicated bite problems), and allows her to treat simpler cases with greater care and knowledge (by being conservative and respectful of nature, science, anatomy, and patients’ concerns and desires).
about Dr. Kim
- Dental School: University of Washington School of Dentistry (2001), with many honors in coursework
- Undergraduate: Wellesley College, B.A. in Psychobiology with Honors
- Local High School: Shorecrest High School, graduated with Honors
- Graduate & Mentor at the KOIS CENTER (World-renowned Advanced Post-graduate level training)
- Previous Affiliate Faculty at the University of Washington School of Dentistry and Lake Washington Technical College Dental Clinics
- Married to David, mother to daughter Allison and son Joshua
- Hobbies: photography, art, running, traveling, eating & trying new foods
- Participate locally and abroad: In 2019 Dr. Kim was able to go on a dental missions trip with her family to an impoverished town near Mazatlan, Mexico. Her favorite “dental assistants” served with her for 5 days – her dream come true!
Sin-Ying Law, DDS
Dr. Sin-Ying Law graduated from New York University’s College of Dentistry. She discovered her interest in dentistry during her service to the US military for six years, stationed in South Korea and Germany as a dental lab technician. She has always had a deep-rooted passion for serving her country and the global community, and a desire to make a positive impact in people’s lives, and realized she can do that in dentistry by taking care of patients.
Following her honorable discharge, Dr. Law attended Columbia University, graduating with nearly a 4.0 GPA. She served as the President of the Pre-Dental Society during her time there. She then went on to graduate in the top 2% of her class from New York University’s College of Dentistry, with honors in Aesthetic Dentistry. She was inducted into the Omicron Kappa Upsilon National Dental Honor Society for her excellence in academics. While at NYU, she served as the President of the Aesthetics Society and volunteered for the Veterans Oral Health Initiatives, offering free dental treatment to veterans. Her leadership skills and high academic achievements have carried on to providing top-notch care to her patients.
Dr. Law’s commitment to continuing education and patient well-being is evident in her current pursuit at the prestigious Kois Center, a post-graduate advanced dental teaching institution. Her choice to invest in this high-level post-graduate training reflects her value in enhancing her skills, all in the pursuit of providing the best care to her patients. Dr. Kim, who serves as a mentor at the Kois Center, is excited to welcome a like-minded dentist with the same training, strengthening their shared commitment to patient care.
about Dr. Law
- Dental School: NYU College of Dentistry, graduating in the top 2% of her class with honors in Aesthetic Dentistry. President of the Aesthetics Society. Volunteer for Veterans Oral Health Initiatives.
- General Practice Residency: Veteran Hospital’s Dental Clinic in Seattle
- Undergraduate: Columbia University, graduated with Honors
- Hobbies: time with husband and family, yoga, traveling
- Fluent in Mandarin and Cantonese