MEET THE DENTIST
Christy A. Kim, DDS
Dr. Christy Kim graduated from the University of Washington School of Dentistry with a doctorate in dental surgery (DDS). She enjoys dentistry because it allows her to combine two of her passions: appreciation and creation of art, and caring for people. She is known for her gentleness, compassion, and integrity. She realizes that the dental setting can be difficult for many people, so she and her team take the time to do whatever it takes to help her patients get back to health in a comfortable way. She strives to treat each of her patients as if they were her own family member, and she believes that each interaction with her patients, as well as with her team, has eternal impact on each person involved.
Dr. Kim believes in providing her patients with the best quality of care and therefore, strongly believes in continuing education since dentistry is an ever-changing and improving field. She has taken many advanced courses since graduating from dental school and has been trained in all aspects of dentistry. She continues to take courses regularly to keep up-to-date with technology and materials, and to provide her patients with the highest quality of care. Each year, Dr. Kim takes an average of 100 hours of continuing education (the minimum required for Washington state is 23 hours).
After graduating from the prestigious Kois Center (a world-renowned post-graduate level dental teaching center), she qualified to become a Mentor and now trains other dentists at the Kois Center. This extra training allows Dr. Kim to understand and treat more complex cases (including cosmetic dentistry, full mouth reconstruction, and more complicated bite problems), and allows her to treat simpler cases with greater care and knowledge (by being conservative and respectful of nature, science, anatomy, and patients’ concerns and desires).
- Dental School: University of Washington School of Dentistry (2001), with many honors in coursework
- Undergraduate: Wellesley College, B.A. in Psychobiology with Honors
- Local High School: Shorecrest High School, graduated with Honors
- Graduate & Mentor at the KOIS CENTER (World-renowned Advanced Post-graduate level training)
- Previous Affiliate Faculty at the University of Washington School of Dentistry and Lake Washington Technical College Dental Clinics
- Married to David, mother to daughter Allison and son Joshua
- Hobbies: photography, art, running, chauffeuring & cheering on her kids in their many sports and activities
- Participate locally and abroad: In 2019 Dr. Kim was able to go on a dental missions trip with her family to an impoverished town near Mazatlan, Mexico. Her favorite “dental assistants” served with her for 5 days – her dream come true!