Dr. Christy Kim graduated from the University of Washington School of Dentistry, with a doctorate in dental surgery (DDS) . She enjoys dentistry because it allows her to combine two of her passions: appreciation and creation of art, and caring for people. She is known for her gentleness, compassion and integrity. She realizes that the dental setting can be difficult for many people, so she and her team take the time to do whatever it takes to help her patients get back to health in a comfortable way. She strives to treat each of her patients as if they were her own family member. And believes that each interaction with her patients, as well as with her team, has eternal impact on each person involved.
Dr. Kim believes in providing her patients with the best quality of care and therefore, strongly believes in continuing education since dentistry is an ever-changing and improving field. She has taken many advanced courses since graduating from dental school and has been trained in all aspects of dentistry. She continues to take courses regularly to keep up-to-date with technology and materials, and to provide her patients with the highest quality of care. This year alone, Dr. Kim will be taking over 100 hours of continuing education (the minimum required for Washington state is 23 hours). After graduating from the prestigious Kois Center (a world-renowned post-graduate level dental training center), she qualified to become a Mentor and now trains other dentists at the Kois Center. This extra training allows Dr. Kim to understand & treat more complex cases (including cosmetic dentistry, full mouth reconstruction, and more complicated bite problems), and allows her to treat simpler cases with greater care and knowledge (by being as conservative and respectful of nature, science, anatomy, and patient's concerns and desires).
Other interesting facts:
- Dental School: University of Washington School of Dentistry (2001), with many honors in coursework
- Undergraduate: Wellesley College, B.A. in Psychobiology with Honors
- Local High School: Shorecrest High School, graduated with Honors
- Graduate & Mentor at the KOIS CENTER (World-renowned Advanced Post-graduate level training)
- Previous Affiliate Faculty at the University of Washington School of Dentistry and Lake Washington Technical College Dental Clinics
- Professional Affiliations: American Dental Association, Washington State Dental Association, Seattle-King County Dental Association, Academy of General Dentistry, Kois Study Club, Spears Study Club, Eastside Women Dentists Study Club, Greater Eastside Study Club, Christian Dental Fellowship.
- Married to David, mother to Allison (14) and Joshua (12).
- Hobbies: photography, art, running, chauffeuring & cheering on her kids in their many sports and activities.
- Volunteer Dentistry: Participate locally as well as abroad (helped build dental clinics in two remote villages in China and provided dental care to children who otherwise have little or no dental care). When her kids are older, Dr. Kim hopes to travel with her "dental assistants" to impoverished countries to provide dental care.